Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Treasury Tuesday 5: Reminders

Well, Treasury Wednesday is moving to Tuesday....because hey, the alliteration is easier for me to remember.  I have worked out a new blogging schedule, which is written out neatly on a calendar at my desk, out in the open where I will see it every day.  This ought to keep my blogging more regular!

This week's treasury theme is Reminders, to go along with my new tidy blogging schedule intentions.  You can view the treasury in it's entirety here on Etsy.

Remember Seek Forgetting Find, E.E. Cummings, Hand Stamped Pendant by Hard Kandie
I'm a sucker for poetry, especially the kind with lines that ramble and twine and almost don't make sense, but somehow manage to hit you right in the chest, make your heart weak and yet seem to grow.  E.E. Cummings does that to me, and when I saw this necklace it brought back wonderful memories of reading his poetry on summer afternoons as a teenager, still enjoying the delicious feelings of summer vacation and hormonal discord.  The simplicity of this necklace perfectly suits the prose, it's quietly lovely and easy to appreciate.


The Reminder Ring by Ricci Worth Designs
Is there any symbol more synonymous with forgetfulness than a string tied around one's finger?  An ancient belief, literally trying the idea to yourself to keep it from escaping, now has a modern twist.  Simple and elegant, it's an item that is beautiful and useful.


Weekly Planner Chalkboard Calendar - Modern Vinyl Wall Decal by Simple Shapes
I had to add a little utility to this list.  I have a deep affinity for chalk--I can't explain why.  I remember being so disappointed when they switched to erasable markers at school.  The seller advocates the use of "chalk pens" (an item which I will readily admit to never hearing of before this week), but I'll ignore it.  I love the cleverness of the cut-through lettering.  Usually if I don't write something down, I have only half a chance of remembering it.  And having it written on the wall, where I have to read it every time I walk in to the room, is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment