Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Treasury Tuesday 6: Clouds, Clouds, Clouds!

It was a cloudy day in central Arizona today, and it put me in the mood from some cutesy fluffy cloud items.  You can view the entire treasury here on Etsy.

8x10 Black and White Billowing Thunderstorm Canvas by keithharding
Have I ever mentioned that I am a sucker for black and white photography?  I began my passion with photography on a beginner's 35mm SLR, and shot in black and white from the beginning.  There is something about the absence of color that makes a photograph more striking, more influential.  I agree that color has it's place, at my heart I'm a purist.  Give me my Minotla (circa 1969), my slew of manual focus lenses, and a few canisters of hand-rolled 35mm Arista and I'm ready to go.  This photograph illustrates many of the qualities I love the best about black and white stills; the dreamy farmland, stretching flat to the horizon, leading up to the stunning texture and contrast of the cloud itself.

Stacking bracelets?  Like.  But stacking bracelets that let you design your own weather patter?  LOVE.  Totally adorable and great for fidgety folks like myself.  Neutral enough to go with any outfit, and certain to put a smile on your face.


These clouds are almost unbelievably realistic.  I can imagine that hanging these in your house would feel like having your own captured clouds.  So simple, but so inspiring in their creativity.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for including my dreamy little clouds!


    ℋeather
    www.babycakesanddecor.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shot is fantastic! 'There is something about the absence of color that makes a photograph more striking, more influential'<-you are so right and I like those Dreamy Little Clouds. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete